ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN and VeriSign Announce End to Long-Standing Dispute Comments

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN and VeriSign Announce End to Long-Standing Dispute Comments
  • From: "McFadden, Cara" <Cara_McFadden@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:32:08 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

I read about the VeriSign and ICANN dispute settlement in a tech publication
just the other day as I was sitting in a waiting room.  Seems to me, the simple
solution to all of these people angry about potential (extremely minimal) price
increases one day is this - just go to your registrar and extend your domain
names for 5 or 10 years.  Network Solutions will even go as long as a 100-year
renewal.  This is really a no-brainer if you ask me - unless of course you just
like fighting, litigation and attorney fees.  Please choose everyone working
together for the positive future of the high tech sector.  This is a good deal
for both sides, and both have given an inch for the mutual benefit of the tech
industry.  Choose innovation.

Thanks -

Cara McFadden