ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN board selling monopoly to Verisign

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN board selling monopoly to Verisign
  • From: "Nathan Aherne" <nathan.aherne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:56:05 +1000

Hi,

I would like to register my disgust at the proposal to allow Verisign a
perpetual monopoly on the .com domain name. This monopoly will hurt
internet businesses, consumers and users of the internet and benefit
only one company Verisign. Creating a monopoly is wrong, no matter how
you look at it. Please reconsider this proposal so that the web remains
as free as it should be.

Regards

Nathan Aherne

Director
Reddog Global Pty Ltd
Xerovis Pty Ltd

Messages included in this e-mail and any of its attachments are those
of the author unless specifically stated to represent WorkCover Queensland. The
contents of this message are to be used for the intended purpose only and are
to be kept confidential at all times.
This message may contain privileged information directed only to the intended
addressee/s. Accidental receipt of this information should be deleted promptly
and the sender notified.
This e-mail has been scanned by Sophos for known viruses.
However, no warranty nor liability is implied in this respect.