Can you say Puppet?
- To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Can you say Puppet?
- From: StocDoctor <stockdoctor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:11:52 -0500
Subject: Can you say Puppet?
From: Daniel Stager
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005
Rally call should be NO taxation without representation. This settlement is
ALL wrong in so many ways.
1. WildcardDNS/SiteFinder scheme
2. CLS/Expired domain monopoly
3. Perpetual presumptive renewal clause
4. $200M R&D commitment disappears
5. Traffic data sales
6. Appendix Y disappears
7. ICANN fee increases
8. 7% a year domain price increases
How can ICANN justify increased fees to both themselves and Verisign without
even a hint of protection or service to the consumers?
I have one question. If this settlement is approved (Bad) does ICANN
officially become a subsidiary of Verisign?