ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN-VeriSign Settlement Comment

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN-VeriSign Settlement Comment
  • From: "Bernard Toplak - PACIFIC d.o.o." <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:39:33 +0100

Ladies and Gentleman at ICANN

Our company is for more than 2 years in domain registration business and main gro of our customers are from East Europe and 3rd World Countries and they're payage possibilities are very limited. If the prices would grow 7% a year and in shorther than 10 years double the todays prices we will loose many of our customers and ultimately could go out of bussines!

As an economyst I don't see the reasons for price increases. The domain business is in growth every year and the ROE in our industry is on very high level, technical aspects are also simplified today than ever before. I am sure that alowing such uncontrolled and unsreasoned increases of domain prices will have mostly negative influence and lead to big looses in domain industry.

Please, reconsider this part of settlement, don't discriminate the majority of the world, for which are also the todays prices too high and wait for lowering of todays prices. Protect the rights of poor and undeveloped and listen to us, little and medium domain registration companies that could get out of our jobs. This isn't both business and moraly correct decision!

Best regards,
Bernard Toplak
PACIFIC d.o.o.
Croatia
begin:vcard
fn:Bernard Toplak
n:Toplak;Bernard
org:PACIFIC d.o.o.
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Kneginec Gornji;;Topli=C4=8Dka
66;Tur=C4=8Din;;42204;Hrvatska (Croatia)
email;internet:bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:direktor (CEO)
tel;work:042/207-607
tel;fax:042/207-609