ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Agree to Settlement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Agree to Settlement
  • From: "Tracy King" <tking@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:40:00 -0500

I have seen litigation ruin companies and kill momentum.  Rarely have
ever have I seen litigation made a situation better.  I am happy to see
that Verisign and ICANN have come to an agreement on something so
integral to the continued growth of the internet.

You know the internet remains one of the more influential changes of the
nation's and world economy than any other single factor.  Who envisioned
20 years ago being able to buy a Turkish rug directly from the rug maker
in Turkey without having to go to Turkey to buy it; or who would have
thought that commerce could be moved between citizens of countries with
no cultural or language barriers.

Bottomline - no one did.  But how awesome the power of the internet has
become.  The threat of beginning to shackle the internet with
international or national regulations and barriers would do no more than
bring to a screeching halt and equalized in economies.  Please approve
the settlement so businesses can continue to flourish on the internet
and citizens can benefit from boundless competition!

Sincerely,

Theresa King