ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

.com agreement comment

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .com agreement comment
  • From: Andrew Worcester <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:37:51 -0500

Dear ICANN Board,

I want to comment on the .Com agreement. No one likes to see prices go up,
but that is a fact of life. I have many domains and I can¹t say I have ever
made a decision based on their costs, because they are very inexpensive. I¹d
rather a company like VeriSign operate .com because it has a track record of
keeping it operational. I really don¹t know who runs the other domain names.
I¹d also rather VeriSign have the means to invest in the .com infrastructure
because I don¹t want it to go down for even a minute. I understand that
business costs go up over time. It seems like ICANN has put in place a good
system that allows VeriSign to adjust its prices but caps how much it can go
up.

Please approve the ICANN-VeriSign settlement.

Thank you,
Andrew

Andrew Worcester
335 Forest Ave, #418