ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

[no subject]

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject:
  • From: "Kari Sovas" <sovask940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:20:34 -0500

I recently came across an article regarding the UN's interest in taking control
over the internet. I was hoping this was a joke, but then came across another
op-ed piece confirming that it was a possibility. Frankly, this is extremely
scary!! An agreement needs to be reached between ICANN and VeriSign ASAP!! If
the UN was to gain this kind of power the internet would never be the same.