ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] GAC position

  • To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] GAC position
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:20:54 -0400

On 14 Jul 2010, at 12:54, Richard Tindal wrote:

>  For example, .BUDDHA would probably not fall foul of the DAG MOPO language,
> yet I suspect the GAC would prefer a mechanism where not just anyone could
> obtain that string.

a method for that already exists.  we cannot allow MAPO to be extended in that
direction.  hence my wariness about touching the DAG.

doesn't the community of buddhists who might feel this harms their community
(as defined by the existing institution criteria not the 14 point silliness)
get to object on this one?

just like the cherokee?  or the roma, or wiccans.

or even the FSMists depending on the structure of their organization?

a.