Re: [soac-mapo] OK, so what happens next?
- To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] OK, so what happens next?
- From: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:06:33 +1000
Please see my (minor additional comments <CLO> inline below Chucks as well)
On 19 August 2010 06:26, Gomes, Chuck <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please see my responses below Avri.
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Avri Doria [mailto:avri@xxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:18 AM
> > To: Gomes, Chuck
> > Cc: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] OK, so what happens next?
> > Importance: High
> > Hi,
> > Once the list discuses this ToR, will it be sent to the 3 chartering
> > organizations (GNSO Council, ALAC and GAC) for approval?
> [Gomes, Chuck] Because of the very late timing of this relative to the
> new gTLD process, I am hoping that the ToR can be accepted in a rapid
> and less formal manner. If all three organizations have to formally
> approve the ToR, then that would likely take a month or two just to do
> that before we could start discussions. The plan is to send the initial
> draft to this list not later than tomorrow for discussion on the list
> and hopefully in a call to be scheduled next week. I think it will be
> easier for list participants to judge the approach once you see the
> initial draft ToR and encourage you to comment after reading it.
<CLO> I will be asking ALAC to endorse the ToR's at our meeting Tue any
> [Gomes, Chuck] > And is it
> > correct to assume that it is the 3 chairs who are creating the
> > TOR? Or is this something being produced by some other entity.
> [Gomes, Chuck] To get a jump start on the ToR and hopefully help us
> start discussing the implementation issues more quickly, the three of us
> are creating the first draft.
> > Also what does it mean to be a key participant. I ask especially
> > relevant to the GNSO. How are these key participants being
> [Gomes, Chuck] Probably a poor use of terms, but essentially the leaders
> of the three organizations and some ICANN staff were invited to
> participate in an evaluation of the draft ToR. Staff was invited for
> support purposes.
<CLO> I asked the ALAC ExCom to join me in this for example
> > Finally, are the 3 SOAC chairs, planing to act as the co-chairs of
> > group?
> [Gomes, Chuck] The draft ToR calls for the three chairs or their
> designees to co-chair the discussion team.
<CLO> Yes and we also ask for the AC/SO to appoint a Liaison etc.,
(another matter for our ALAC Agenda Tue) in keeping with the draft
WG Procedures under consideration in the GNSO at the moment...
<CLO> I finally want to point out that not only should all those on the
SOAC-mapo list be assumed to be a WG participant (subject to thier
confirmation etc., but that we also need to reach out to At-Large and
of course further into the GNSO Constituencies to encourage more keen
involvement as well as be joined by the GAC (who may join as a whole I
believe) so do spread the word that a call for WG / DC Membership => either
confirmation or addition I assume will be going out as well and needs to
be promulgated widely... IMO
> > thanks
> > a.
> > On 16 Aug 2010, at 14:49, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> > > Please note the following next steps for this discussion group.
> > >
> > > 1. An initial version of draft Terms of Reference (ToR) will be sent
> > to
> > > this list by Thursday for list discussion.
> > >
> > > 2. A Doodle poll will be sent to this list to attempt to determine
> > the
> > > best meeting time possible for a weekly call; please respond to this
> > > right away because we will try to have the first call as early as
> > > possible next week.
> > >
> > > 3. A primary objective will be to finalize the ToR next week so that
> > the
> > > group may begin the real work promptly.
> > > Action items:
> > >
> > > Glen - please send a list of the list subscribers to Cheryl,
> > > Heather and I so that we can validate that key participants have
> > > added.
> > >
> > > Gisella - please initiate a Doodle poll on this list, avoiding
> > > conflicting GNSO, ALAC, ccNSO meetings; provide time options on
> > Monday,
> > > Tuesday & Wednesday; please include the 20:30 UTC time on Mondays if
> > > there are not conflicts.
> > >
> > > Cheryl - please ensure that the collaborative work space is
> > > implemented and announced on this list.
> > >
> > > Chuck