ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [GAC] [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)

  • To: <stevepinkos@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jon Nevett" <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>, <owner-soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>, "Konstantinos Komaitis" <k.komaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [GAC] [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:18:05 -0400

Hopefully my previous message on this addressed this but let me repeat
it here just to be sure: I do not think it is possible to give any
expert a seat on the panel if they are associated with any interested
party.  The GNSO Final Report recommended that the panels be independent
and the AGv4 conflicts of interest requirements do not allow that.  In
my assessment, this would apply to the GAC, ALAC, GNSO or some subset of
the GNSO, etc.  And I also believe it would apply if any interested
party simply recommended an expert.

Chuck

Rec6
> > objection.
> > 2. The Board would review that advice/recommendation and make a
> decision
> > on whether to approve the gTLD string.
> > 3. A 2/3 majority would be required for a Board decision (pro or
> con).
> >
> > Please correct me if I got any of this incorrectly or if something
is
> > missing.  My intent was not to communicate the wording of the
> possible
> > recommendation because others have already done a good job in that
> > regard but rather to just summarize what I think the main elements
of
> > the possible recommendation that seems to be emerging.
> >
> > Does anyone in the CWG disagree with any of the three points or with
> the
> > overall recommendation?  If so, please speak up and describe your
> > concerns.
> >
> > I know that many GAC members have been very involved with the IGF
and
> it
> > has been difficult for them to keep up with the CWG list
discussions,
> > but I hope that some GAC members can comment on the above.
> >
> > Thanks for the excellent discussion of this.
> >
> > Chuck

ALAC,