ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [GAC] [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)

  • To: "Carvell Mark (IE)" <Mark.Carvell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "avri@xxxxxxx" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [GAC] [soac-mapo] Terminology DRSP (and more on Rec 2.1)
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 02:58:13 -0400

But this is precisely what I fear, and think we should avoid: a high profile
(read: politicized, xxx-like) application which actually meets all legal and
ICANN criteria but which some government wants to veto anyway.

If governments’ expectations regarding the “role and status of GAC” is that
objections are guarantees of success I think we have a problem.

--MM