ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Fw: Report on Implementation of GNSO New GTLD Recommendation #6

  • To: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Fw: Report on Implementation of GNSO New GTLD Recommendation #6
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:16:00 -0400

On 21 September 2010 20:37, Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Too bad Rec 11 is still titled "dispute resolution" and those words are
> still used throughout it, despite the group's decision to change this.

This alarmed me, so I went through the document again.

There are 20 instances of the term "dispute resolution" in the report.
Most of those are either references to it in older documents or the
CWG's recommendation not to use the term.

The only unfortunate use of the term is, as Robin says, in Rec 11, but
even here the use is "Timing of Dispute Resolution". This is not an
instance where the conventional replacement of "DRSP" with "expert"
would be appropriate, and I can live grudgingly with its use here in
absence of much time to word-smith. As any objection is, by
definition, a dispute, the wording is appropriate so long as it is not
attached to the DAG4's DR regime.

So it isn't that bad.

- Evan