ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language

  • To: Harris Anthony <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] charter language
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:36:36 -0700

Is it correct to say that in your view Objective 2. covers two concepts:

1.    Applicants whose fees should be reduced because the current fee is higher
than the real cost of processing their application;

and

2.    Applicants whose fees should be reduced regardless of the cost of
processing their application.

Is it also correct to say that in order for 2. to be consistent with the Board/
GNSO cost recovery mandate it would be necessary for the applicants who don't
meet our qualifications (the Who and What)  to pay a higher, offsetting fee?

RT