ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG call 20 July - follow up

  • To: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>, "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG call 20 July - follow up
  • From: Andrew Mack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 05:05:04 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Thanks for a very good and very frank call yesterday.  I know that we have a
lot
of hard work still to do, but I do think we're making progress.

Two immediate action I'd like to recommend:

1) To move forward with our documentation, PLEASE follow Elaine's lead and send
us your questions.  Especially for WT2 this will be helpful, since we are doing
a lot of thinking about things like how we can choose recipients, but the
questions help us narrow the conversation and identify unresolved issues.

2) URGENT -- if I remember correctly, today is the deadline for calling for
public comment on the new gTLD budget.  As many of us said at the open mic in
Brussels, it is crucial to have some resources to continue our process and
fully
develop a support process for new/disadvantaged gTLD applicants.  A handful of
comments urging ICANN to put support in the budget might help greatly, so if
you
have time...  Apologies for not having mentioned this on the call.

Best, Andrew

Andrew A. Mack
Principal
AMGlobal Consulting