ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Prioritization

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Prioritization
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 13:20:02 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for this note.

If we can't reach a full consensus on the point of prioritization, we may take
he opportunity to list both option with the reasons for them.

At this point I think there is:
1. Consensus against limitation
2. strong support for prioritization and
3.  some support against any prioritization.

(Please let the list know if I am wrong)

I suggest that unless things change, this is the way it be written up.  And I
suggest that Tijani and others who are against any sort of prioritization craft
a note (the note below may be the start of that note). I recommend the same for
those who favor prioritization.

I also recommend that the discussion of the levels of support and reason for
them be included in line in the report and not hidden away in an back-matter.

Thanks

a.