ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Events in Cartagena - getting ready

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Events in Cartagena - getting ready
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 07:42:11 -0700

Dear Avri, Evan, Glen:

Attached is an excel document structured to help up organize the sessions in
Cartagena. The earlier we have this organized, the better it is to get what we
need  from Meetings and we need time promote the events not only to the
attendees in Cartagena, but also to remote participants.

Here is what I suggest:

1.       Have a catchy title for the main session to call people's attention

2.       Have the ppt done in advance and posted on the Meetings site along
with the Final Report. We need a short FAQ, something that is plain English
explaining what this work is about. I will to do that and have it translated,
available for the main session.

3.       I would like to announce all the Cartagena sessions when we post the
Final Report for public comment. If we include this in the announcement. It
gives us more exposure.

4.       Should we consider a guest speaker? Here is my idea, someone that
would reinforce from a political standing the importance of inclusion. This
person could preferably be from outside ICANN - world bank? UN?  If the person
cannot participate in person, we can try to explore the video option and run
the video during the session.

5.       We can take this opportunity to call community members  and entities
around the world to offer support, participate in the comment! We need press
exposure to raise awareness!!! We want to make sure we agree on a general
messaging.

>From a logistics stand point, I will leave it to Glen to arrange for the
>schedules with GNSO, GAC, etc and I take care of the main session and general
>New gTLD Program status update session.

Thank you,

Karla Valente
Product/Services Director