ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Improving the FAQ section of v.2.20

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Improving the FAQ section of v.2.20
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 01:24:46 +0200

Hi,

Other than repeating para 3 as para 1 , i think this text is better than what
is there.  I think para 1 should be para 2

Some changes recommended.

a.

On 26 Oct 2010, at 21:33, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> At lines 529 and following:
>
> At 567, question 4.2
> ===

... removed para 1

> The ability to "fund a registry" is not a neutral or objective criteria. The
> cost of risk capital in New York and London for a speculative investment is
> qualitatively and quantifiably different from the the cost in Central and
> South America, Africa, Asia, and much of Europe.
>
> Additionally, experience has shown that successful registry operations may
> begin with minimal capitalization -- the

s/-/. For example,/

> marketing budget for .cat was two thousand euros invested as printed
> bookmarks and distributed by retail bookshops, and in

s/, and in/. In

> the second month of operation, with a non-exploitive Sunrise/Landrush,
> reflecting a competently drafted rights of others policy, the operation
> became profitable, and has remained profitable in every quarter subsequent.

(the sentence was bit run-on and complex hence the recommendation to break it
into 3 sentences.)