ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] reformatted and revised Final Milestone Report - for your consideration

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] reformatted and revised Final Milestone Report - for your consideration
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:16:37 -0700

Dear Avri, Evan and all:

I took the liberty to review and reformat the Final Milestone Report. My
apologies for sending this late. In order to give people time to review this
document, I suggest we do the following:

a.       Finalize the Public Comment Summary and Analysis

b.      Clarify the following terms used with inconsistency throughout the
document:

a.       Emerging markets, developing economies, emerging economies, emerging
nations etc... What standard did we agree to adopt? Note the New gTLD Policy
makes reference to the level 4 UN countries.

terminology clarifications purposes:
this is called the Final Milestone Report
We are proposing a Support Development Program that is in parallel with the New
gTLD Program, but should reach a development stage in time to be operational
for the first round
We use only the term fees when referring to the evaluation and other fees
proposed by the Applicant Guidebook. I replaced pricing and other terms. The
term cost was kept when is meant cost.

The revisions I made to this Final Milestone Report did not, in my opinion,
change the essence and message. The changes focused on the following:

1.       Added clarity, particularly keeping in mind translated versions

2.       Removed redundancies

3.       Added consistency to terminology and concepts - we have still work to
do on that

4.       Added a list of terms to be part of a glossary discussed

5.       Reformulated some of the FAQ questions to a more direct language that
will allow for better translations.

6.       Added footnotes for additional clarity, references

7.       I have incorporated to the document the proposed language by  and few
updates/corrections proposed by Avri and Sébastien.

Please do not worry about the table of contents and respective pages. I will do
that last once the glossary and other modifications are completed. I will work
on the glossary for next week.

If you prefer to work out of the previously sent version, I will be happy to
accommodate the few changes sent and only do formatting without any further
review. Again apologies for sending this few hours prior to our meeting.

OTHER:
Did you have a change to see the updated new gTLD budget?
The Board met this week. I am waiting for the resolutions to be published to
verify if there is any impact to our work.

Thank you,

Karla Valente
Product/Services Director
Direct:  + 1 310 301 3878