ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG Chat room - November 5

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG Chat room - November 5
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 08:32:49 -0700

Karla Valente: Dear all: welcome to the JAS WG November 5 Meeting
Karla Valente: The latest version of the Milestone Report is now uploaded.
CLO: Hi all
Karla Valente: helloCLO
Gisella gruber-White: Andrew Mack has joined the call
Gisella gruber-White: He has just disconnected
Gisella gruber-White: Andrew is back
CLO: Stay at same UTC time  and Drop the Firday call is my two ''votes''
Elaine Pruis: would love a poll with some new time options
Alan Greenberg: I've been here all along - just flipped from Alan to Alan 2 and
back to Alan
Gisella gruber-White: Dave Kissoondoyal has sent his apology for this meeting
Eric Brunner-Williams: i find that a non-fixed schedule reduces my ability to
participate on calls
Andrew Mack: I tend to agree with Eric -- its hard to schedule
Evan Leibovitch: anything we choose will create hardship for some
Eric Brunner-Williams: we have very few participants.
Elaine Pruis: i don't think i'll be there tuesday if its an hour earlier
Gisella gruber-White: Tuesday 09 November at 1300 UTC and Friday 12 November at
1400 UTC - ONLY US affected as time change this Sunday
Eric Brunner-Williams: i'm fine with an hour earlier start, however i'd like
not to loose the only other registry operator experienced vol -- elaine
Gisella gruber-White: 1300 UTC = 0500 PDT and 0800 EDT
Gisella gruber-White: 1400 UTC = 0600 PDT and 0900 EDT
Eric Brunner-Williams: oops, an hour earlier on tuesday kills me, i'm putting
children on busses from 8am to 8:45
Eric Brunner-Williams: so 1400 UTC tuesdays works for me, but 1300 UTC does not
Elaine Pruis: me too Eric
Eric Brunner-Williams: line numbers in the chat since we're not all sharing the
same synchronous screen and reading
Eric Brunner-Williams: nope
Evan Leibovitch: The answer to both, really, is ''thank you and we agree''
Eric Brunner-Williams: i don't mind
Eric Brunner-Williams: ''The WG believes it is reasonable to have
prioritization criteria among qualifiying individuals'' at 653
Eric Brunner-Williams: s/individuals/applications/
Eric Brunner-Williams: and did we agree to prioritization??
Eric Brunner-Williams: suggest removing last two words of 652 and all of 653
UNLESS there is agreement on prioritization
Elaine Pruis: yes please add here
Elaine Pruis: please read one more time
Andrew Mack: Within the Working Group there was some sentiment that support
might be offered to groups that provide assistance to underserved communities,
including in rare cases to applicants that might otherwise not qualify on the
basis of need.
Avri Doria: In terms of the continuity insrument, the WG did discuss this issue
and recommended some possible solutions. As part of the continuing work being
considered for charter extention, this will be looked at further.
Elaine Pruis: extension
Eric Brunner-Williams: yup
Elaine Pruis: leaving adobe to drive kids to school, will stay on call
Eric Brunner-Williams: yup
Eric Brunner-Williams: or steal the line at 776
Eric Brunner-Williams: distracted, but yes on alan's deja vu comment
Eric Brunner-Williams: good point
Andrew Mack: great idea Karla
Alan Greenberg: I have a mobile phone, not a mobbile keyboard.
Karla Valente: Sebastien: you had more comments.....
Sébastien: Yes
Karla Valente: Am i right?
Sébastien: Yes
Avri Doria: sorry, Sébastien will come back to you.
Sébastien: can you give the possibility to scroll the doc
Avri Doria: though we only have 2 minutes left.
Sébastien: No pb Avri I can waite after Eric
Sébastien: Thanks
Andrew Mack: sorry.  need to jump off quickly.  back in a flash.
Andrew Mack: apologies, need to go.  thanks for a good call.

Karla Valente
Product/Services Director
Direct:  + 1 310 301 3878
Mobile:  +1 310 936 4639