ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS motion

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS motion
  • From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:21:48 +0900

Hello everyone,

as update about the JAS motion, it was deferred for next GNSO meeting which
will be an open meeting in Cartagena .
I will send later the amended motion later.

We have also comments from Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:
"3. Regarding the motion on JAS WG charter extension I'd like to see the
Resolved 1.c) removed although I've accepted at first an amendment.
Also in light of the quantity of issues the WG has to deal with - here I
join Tim's reservations - I'm of the opinion this might be a task for a
separate more balanced group to work on comprehensively. The JAS WG
should just point out that new applicants in scope should be given the
opportunity to participate appropriately in any auction profit to be
defined by this separate group. JAS WG shouldn't be mandated with
outlining the respective rules - even not for consideration due to other
matters of urgency."

Regards

Rafik