ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS New gTLD Applicant Support WG Charter

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS New gTLD Applicant Support WG Charter
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:05:18 -0500

Eric, I haven't looked at the Redline and Blueline versions that you are talking about, but there is no error (that I am aware of) in my report of what was approved.

The IDN item was not in the WG's proposed charter (ie what Rafiq proposed to Council). Debbie Hughes (I think) proposed an amendment to add it. Cannot remember whether that was taken as friendly or passed, but it doesn't really matter. Wolf-Ulrich Knoben proposed an amendment to Jeff's new charter which included the IDN point. That amendment did not pass, but ultimately that one item from it was again proposed by Zahid Jaamil and was accepted as a friendly amendment.

Alan