ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011

  • To: "'Karla Valente'" <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>, <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 00:53:59 +0100

Dear all,

As we decided today, 5 work teams were created:

*       WT ab
*       WT eg
*       WT de
*       WT h
*       WT i

I would like to invite all those who want to work on the eligibility
criteria for financial need and a method of demonstrating that need (WT ab)
to please speak up so that we can quickly start together working. Here is
the mission of this Work Team ab:

a) Propose and establish the criteria for financial need and a method of
demonstrating that need.  Financial need has been established as the primary
criterion for support. The group should be augmented to have the necessary
expertise to make a specific recommendation in this area, especially given
the comparative economic conditions and the cross-cultural aspects of this
requirement.

b) Propose and define mechanisms, e.g. a review committee that would need to
be established operating under the set of guidelines established in the
Milestone Report and those defined in objective (a) above, for determining
whether an application for special consideration is to be granted and what
sort of help should be offered.

We need all your forces and your copetencies.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231