ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WH February 11 2011

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WH February 11 2011
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 06:03:44 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:03 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:Hello everyone and welcome to the JAS WG February 11 Meeting
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Good morning
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Glen, can you please call Cintra
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:She is waiting for the Adigo call
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Cintra number is  1 868 625 0428
  Cintra Sooknanan:Thank you
  Olivier Crépin-Leblond:I'm here too. Took a little while to ge tthrough
  Andrew Mack:Apologies for being a little late
  Sébastien:it is one of the 12 items of the Board Gac meeting in Bru
  Sébastien:welcome
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I have to go now
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:sorry not to finish the call
  Cintra Sooknanan:good bye Tijani
  Andrew Mack:sorry, call dropped
  Alan:ICANN cannot require existing gTLD to fund new ones. Either registries
or registrars or registrants could if they do it voluntarily (which is what we
suggested earlier)>
  Alex Gakuru:Thanks Alan, that answers  me fully.
  Alex Gakuru:Great idea!
  Alan:The voluntary path is not something that will be done quickly, for a
whole bunch of reasons.
  Alan:We COULD stop early.  ;-)
  Cintra Sooknanan:bye
  Alan:Thanks...