ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Agenda for tomorrow's JAS WG meeting

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Agenda for tomorrow's JAS WG meeting
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:08:39 -0800

Dear all,

Please see below a revised proposed agenda for Friday's meeting based on
feedback received.

1.      Review and approve for posting the attached summary and analysis.

I added generic short response to start the discussion. I did not add much, as
you can see, since there were only two comments: one in support of the
continuing work and another unrelated to the actual milestone report. Please
note the deadline for posting is Monday, February 21. Once you agree on the
final document, I will send it to translations (additional 5 UN languages as
standard for New gTLD related work.)

2.  Preparation for ICANN Meeting in Silicon Valley:

a.       JAS WG Meeting - I understand we only want one face-to-face meeting
for the WG members. I suggest we meet on Wednesday or Thursday at 7:30 am. I
can arrange for a room. Note that the room will not have remote access nor
transcription of the meeting. I will be happy to take notes.

                                                                  i.      What
is the preferred day and for how long do you want the meeting to be?

                                                                ii.      Also,
I suggest we define what is the overall messaging that needs to be passed on by
this WG during the ICANN Meeting. Maybe also a divide and conquer strategy to
maximize the outreach activities?

b.      The IT group will be running a training session for the Confluence
WIKI. How many people of the JAS WG want to attend? It is likely to be
scheduled on Wednesday or Thursday. I do not have a date/time yet. We are
trying to estimate the number of attendees for better planning.

3.  Discuss the message to be passed during ICANN Board-GAC in Brussels.

4.  Sub-groups updates

Thank you,

Karla Valente
Director, gTLD Registry Programs