ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] notes March 25 2011 JAS WG

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] notes March 25 2011 JAS WG
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:04:01 -0700

Dear Rafik,

Per your request, below are some notes captured during the call today. For
complete information, please refer to actual transcript as I might have missed
or misunderstood some point.

Is the criteria for evaluation done inside ICANN?
Is the evaluation itself done by parties outside ICANN?
ICANN could structure this the same way it is handling other evaluations for
the New gTLD program.
Outside funders might have additional criteria.
The program, day-to-day mechanics are handled by ICANN.

Criteria - should is apply to the applicant or the string?
We should have criteria for IDNs.
We do not want to evaluation for needy applications, but applicants.
If an applicant can pay for one application, but maybe not another, it is not
necessarily needy.
Details need to be worked into the process.
Qualification for support - before entering any process
Do we care how the process runs? Applicant vs application criteria might be
specified, but the how, not. Specify criteria and not the order and where it
fits into flowchart

Thank you,

Karla Valente
Director, gTLD Registry Programs