ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript - JAS WG April 8 Meeting

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript - JAS WG April 8 Meeting
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:31:47 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 9:31 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:Welcome to the JAS WG Meeting on Friday 08 April 2011
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hello to everybody
  Alain Berranger:Hello every one
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All
  Cintra Sooknanan:hi everyone
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hi Alain, where are you from?
  Gisella Gruber-White:We are just dialling out to Rafik again on a different
number
  Gisella Gruber-White:And Carlos on his mobile and then we are ready to start
- apologies for the delay
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please remember * 6 to mute and *6 to unmute
  Alain Berranger 2:Dave: from Montreal
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:yes Alain, from which ICANN constituency?
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Welcome Alain
  Karla Valente:@cintra: still do noy have the feedback for you. have a
tentative meeting today>
  Cintra Sooknanan:That's fine Karla, we can discuss later today (after your
meeting) if you are available
  Cintra Sooknanan:thanks
  Alain Berranger 2:Tijani: candidate NPOC within the NCSG
  Gisella Gruber-White:Evan Leibovitch has joined the call
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Welcome Alain
  Karla Valente:@cintra: thanks
  baudouin schombé:Hi all, I prefer to follow on adobeconnect because we have
meeting in the same time here.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Avri Doria has joined the call
  Alain Berranger 2:@ Tijani and Dave: Thks
  Gisella Gruber-White:Evan would like to speak
  doria:then perhaps Evan should hold the pen
  doria:i resign the role.  don
  doria:t really have tiome for it anyway.
  doria:i really don't have time for it anyway
  Gisella Gruber-White:Carlos Aguirre has joined the call
  Evan Leibovitch:just sayin'. it's less grief for the pen holder.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Subgroup Qualifications (was A B) :
https://community.icann.org/x/VAOX
  doria:one possible remedy is to have a person edit the text and include a
short remark in the comments area.
  doria:Evan, you and Cintra taking it is fine with me.
  Elaine Pruis:TIjani wrote it. I just edited two paragraphs
  Cintra Sooknanan:I am fine with this
  Cintra Sooknanan:and will refine the flowcharts with Dev as we work
  Cintra Sooknanan:Tijani, Carlton and I wrote the intial documents
  Evan Leibovitch:thanks andrew!
  Cintra Sooknanan:thank you Andrew
  Evan Leibovitch:that's what skype is for  :-)
  Andrew Mack:I think there there will be plenty of work for all of us
  Cintra Sooknanan:Yes
  Cintra Sooknanan:that is fine, we will have to review previous calls
  Elaine Pruis:someone fell asleep
  Evan Leibovitch:definitely sounds like snoring
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh::-)
  Cintra Sooknanan:the flowcharts have been emailled to the list
  Cintra Sooknanan:for your review
  Evan Leibovitch:flowcharts are definitely the kind of thing where one
pen-holder is important.
  Evan Leibovitch:Andrew, if you and Cintra can stay on the call after it's
over for the group that would be helpful
  Evan Leibovitch:elaine: I think the only use of skype will be for personnel
co-ordination.
  Evan Leibovitch:However... I must say that having a group chat -- in which
ALL JAS participants are subscribed -- can often work faster than mailing
lists. It's worked well for me before in compressed timeframes.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed, why not create a Skype group chat for anyone
in the JAS group?
  Cintra Sooknanan:we will act as scribes
  Cintra Sooknanan:comments should still be made to the comments section of the
wiki
  Cintra Sooknanan:or mailing list
  Cintra Sooknanan:we just picked up the pen
  Cintra Sooknanan:I have to go...
  Cintra Sooknanan:take care, sorry for not being able to stay till the end of
call
  Elaine Pruis:Evan, my skype ID is elaine.pruis
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:my skype id  carlos.aguirre62
  Evan Leibovitch:I already had Carlos, added Elaine
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Evan, you already have my skype id :
trinidadtobagocomputersociety
  Evan Leibovitch:Oh yes :-)
  Dave Kissoondoyal 2:mine is dkissoondoyal
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:@Dev . I saw your email, I like flowchart sent. fo me
very clear
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks, Carlos
  Evan Leibovitch:I have Dave but you're shown as offline right npw
  Dave Kissoondoyal 2:Sorry I was hding so as not to be disturbed for this
meeting
  Alain Berranger 2:my skype id is alain.berranger
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes, Andrew
  Dave Kissoondoyal 2:thanks and bye
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:bye
  Evan Leibovitch:Baudouin: if you're still online, please approve my skype
contact request so I can add you to the chat
  Evan Leibovitch:EVeryone else here should be already joined
  baudouin schombé:Ok evan I will do it