ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] call today and summary for the Board

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] call today and summary for the Board
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:55:38 -0700

Dear all:

Thank you for the feedback today. Please know that I conveyed to Peter and Kurt
that there will be a summary for the Board by Friday AND that the work done by
Friday will not be the actual "Final Report", which is scheduled to be ready
for end of May. I also added that this  summary, due to time constrains, will
not have the input and consideration by the respective supporting organizations
(GNSO and ALAC).

Other:

Cintra:  I have a feedback for you on the process flow. I will send it in
writing by the end of today.

Olivier: You have a good point about the non-for-profits in developed regions.
Maybe the group can consider an exception handling.

Andrew: Good points raised, particularly if there is a group of entities that
plan on acting as applicant. I see how a group like that would maybe want a
generic like .donate .help.... I also think we can draft another exception
handling in cases like that.

Rafik: let me know how else I can help. I think Elaine's suggestion to have the
draft shared with the group by Wednesday night and in the wiki as well, is
good. I am concerned we will not have enough time to review the summary in a
one hour Friday call. Please let me, Gisella and Glen know if you maybe want to
extend the time or have another exceptional meeting this week.

For Friday summary: we can concentrate on having a status report and general
direction we are taking.

Thank you,

Karla Valente
Director, gTLD Registry Programs