ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] TR: Comments on the report of the drafting team

  • To: Tijani BEN JEMAA <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] TR: Comments on the report of the drafting team
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:21:38 -0400

*Merci Tijani, dear All:

*
*Just a specific suggestion and a general question as a new comer to the WG:
*
*
*
*1) Specific suggestion - regarding "Local entrepreneurs in those countries
where market constraints make normal business operations more difficult..."*
*
*
*The principle is sound... to put it in practice fairly, we ideally need a
normative reference from an independant third party. Meeting that criteria,
we could consider using the IFC/World Bank "Doing Business" rankings, maybe
with a cut-off point to be decided... see **http://www.doingbusiness.org/ for
more details. Updated country tables/rankings are produced every year, so
that is very useful...*

*2) Has the WG already have a sense of the relative importance of financial
assistance needs vs. technical, logistical and other non-financial
assistance needs? Discounting of fees is easily applicable within the
current ICANN structure... but how would the support program be implemented
for non-financial forms of assistance?*
*
*
*Alain*