ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Accidental Fact Finding

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Accidental Fact Finding
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:54:30 -0400

Colleagues,

I was seated next to a fundraising professional on a long flight last week, and learned a little about her area of expertise.

She pointed me to the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University as the leading academic resource in the field of philanthropy and the Chronicle of Philanthropy as the leading journal in the field.

The URLs are: http://www.philanthropy.iupui.edu/, and http://philanthropy.com/section/Home/172, respectively.

I don't know who is responsible for Subgroup 2 - Financial Donors (was C G), so I'm sending this to the entire JAS WG.

I'm currently reading an 88 page "selected list of publications available on philanthropy, fundraising, nonprofit management, and civil society" from the resources section of the Indiana University site.

Eric