ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Work progress

  • To: <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Work progress
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 13:01:40 +0100

Dear all,

The text proposed on the wiki didn't change since Tuesday. I understand that
time from Tuesday to Friday is too short, and that every one has his/her own
life, but I don't know how we will progress if the changes are not made.

Regarding the remaining time we have, I propose to tackle the issues of our
new charter first since they came from the specific request of the board.

As for the structure of the report, there are 2 possible ways:

*         A report on the specific issues of our new charter that will be
presented together with the Milestone report

*         A final report that includes the milestone report.

As the work is now, we are closer to a final report. I agree on this
approach, but will suggest that we use the exact text of the milestone
report and add, where applicable, the issues of our new mission. This option
will give a more coherent and comprehensive document.

I proposed to use the exact text of the Milestone report to avoid any
useless discussion of the recommendations already approved and sent to the
board. Doing so, we will save time and go directly to the precise issues of
the new charter.

We are now 2 weeks from the deadline of 7 May, which is 5 calls (today, 26
and 29 April, and 3 and 6 May). We have to decide on text for the issues of
the charter. I'm not frightening you, but we have very tight time frame.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231