ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG May 13 2011

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG May 13 2011
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:08:15 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:04 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:welcome to the JAS WG May 17 Meeting
  CLO:Hi there
  Karla Valente:hello
  Dave Kissoondoyal:hello
  CLO:The Current comments are useful but can not effect the Second Milestone
Report per se
  CLO:we did note and correct some erratta  but that is all IMO
  Gisella Gruber-White:Baudoin Schombe has dropped off the call and we are not
able to get hold of him at this stage.
  Alan Greenberg:I have a point of order.
  Carlton Samuels:Thank you Cheryl!!!
  Evan Leibovitch:+1 Cheryl
  Carlton Samuels:See the response from Stephane on the metrics question?  He
batted t back by saying it is not the Council's role to suggest them!
  Carlton Samuels:Of course the dodge is he 'depersonified' the Council
  CLO:stepping away for a few moments
  Carlton Samuels:..at the same time he withdrew himself from the scrunt!\
  Karla Valente:The questions are posted above.
  Carlton Samuels:Can we ask Staff to compile the answers in one place for
review?
  CLO:back
  Evan Leibovitch:if collecting the comments, please also refer to the
transcript of Cheryl's comments in this call. What she said is IMO quite
relevant and useful in a reply
  Carlton Samuels:Yes!
  Carlton Samuels:That is @Evan!
  Karla Valente:@evan: the comment you are referring to is the difference
between criteria and matrix?
  Carlton Samuels:@Cheryl Thanksa much....I couldn
  baudouin schombé:apologize my battery is low and electricity come back just
now
  Carlton Samuels:I could NOT say it better!!
  Carlton Samuels:lol
  Carlton Samuels:for the record!
  Carlton Samuels:Can we put that verbatim!
  Carlton Samuels:I propose that Cheryl's comment just now be reproduced as the
response for MOST of the responses!
  CLO:Yup  feel free to quote me
  Carlton Samuels:@Cheryl..U burning this am!!
  Carlton Samuels:Bless you!
  CLO:Wash Rinse Repeat
  Carlton Samuels:I have to run now...but please understand my sentiments are
exactly like Cheryl's!
  Carlton Samuels:Again, the sentence from her at approx 31 minutes is THE
response to for all questions concerned with sums and numbers!
  Evan Leibovitch:Is Eric on this call? I rather like many of his answers to
submitted GNSO questions
  Evan Leibovitch:+1 echo
  Evan Leibovitch:message from Eric is subject "[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd:
[council] Questions from RySG on JAS" sent May 16.
  Evan Leibovitch:a bit too large to include here
  CLO:@Andrew  I would  have out the   if as *IF*
  Andrew Mack:coming out very garbled
  Gisella Gruber-White:You may extend the call - no problem
  CLO:I think we could encourage tinnelling technology ass  Suport ofr JAS
suitable gTLD applicants  though
  CLO:tunelling
  CLO:4.3.3 - IPv6 SupportFor registries located in areas where IPv6
connectivity is limited or unavailable, ICANN will facilitate support from IPv6
providers to provide IPv6 gateways into the registry IPv4 services. IPv6
SupportFor registries located in areas where IPv6 connectivity is limited or
unavailable, ICANN will facilitate support from IPv6 providers to provide IPv6
gateways into the registry IPv4 services.
  Dave Kissoondoyal: thanks and bye all