ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Milestone Report 2 - public comment?

• To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Milestone Report 2 - public comment?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:27:11 -0400

Given discussions on the GNSO list, I would say that the GNSO is likely to approve sending the report out for public comment at its meeting this Thursday.

However, that notwithstanding, it is common practice for a WG to submit reports for public comment without any intervention of their chartering body.

Alan

At 07/06/2011 02:58 PM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

Our most-likely current scenario is for our Chairs to ask the two chartering bodies to submit it for comment.

It would be inappropriate for the JAS to solicit comment on its own. However, ALAC -- having already accepted, approved and published MR2 -- has no reason to avoid or delay solicitation of public feedback (and indeed we in JAS would benefit from receiving such feedback ASAP).

Given that the other chartering body has yet to accept even the *first* Milestone Report, I see no reason to needlessly delay solicitation of public comment for MR2 by waiting further.

At least to me, it would look pretty ridiculous if we were held back from soliciting community participation through public feedback -- for an already-published document -- because of procedural issues.

- Evan

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy