ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: JAS WG answers to questions from GNSO RyC and Wolf.

  • To: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: JAS WG answers to questions from GNSO RyC and Wolf.
  • From: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:31:03 -0700

We should answer this question directly:
 What happens if progress payments are not made on time?
I propose "Pay as you go." If the applicant does not make the (staggered fee) payment on time, they lose their "slot:" For example, after paying the $5k and then $50,000 at submission of application, $65,000 is due after the initial evaluation. If the applicant doesn't pay the $65K after initial evaluation, they drop out of the running. I see no need to make it complicated.

And to Karla's question about the green text:
2.       Should these stay as they are or be merged into the text?

As they are

Those green responses are already built into the (red) text. The green responses should be carefully read, and anything that may not be already incorporated in the "red" responses should be added. Otherwise it is just a repeat of stuff already written.

Elaine