ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Draft summary of public comment (second milestone report) ready for JAS WG review

  • To: "<ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Draft summary of public comment (second milestone report) ready for JAS WG review
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:15:28 +0000

On 5 Aug 2011, at 12:05, <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Michele,
>
>> The DAG refers to ipv6 - it doesn't specify that it has to be native.
>
> The problem with viewing the requirements in the DAG to be made in bad faith,
> that is, capable of being satisfied by the weakest possible means, is that if
> one assumes that -- that ICANN-as-a-contracting-party -- is making bad faith
> demands on its counter-parties, it means (a) that ICANN can't expect that its
> compliance will be supported by the courts, which don't reward language that
> is unsupported by intent (*), and (b) that the applicant is risking that the
> interpretation which does it the least harm will be the interpretation that
> applies.
>
> Eric
>
> (*) I Am Not A Lawyer (IANAL) but the question of how California courts treat
> contacts where the intent and the language differ came up this week so I just
> happen to have asked.

Eric

I honestly don't understand what you are talking about

I never said anything about the requirements in the DAG as being made in bad
faith - that is your concept - NOT mine

Some of you view IPv6 as a "problem". I read the DAG and its requirements with
respect to IPv6. IPv6 is not a problem unless you insist on making it one.

Regards

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions