ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: next friday agenda and other housekeeping items

  • To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: next friday agenda and other housekeeping items
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:04:35 -0500

Dear Karla:
Thanks very much for this note, much appreciated.  See my inline responses.

==============================
Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
=============================

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Dear Carlton and Rafik,****
>
> ** **
>
> I think the discussions are quite productive and we are keeping up with the
> schedule!****
>
> ** **
>
> Here is a gentle reminder for the August 12 pre-schedule discussion topic:
> *In-Kind Support* – pages 19 to 23 of the draft Final report ou find on
> the Wiki: ****
>

> https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/SO-AC+New+gTLD+Applicant+Support+Working+Group+%28JAS-WG%29

Thanks!

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> *Housekeeping items:*
>
> ** **
>
> **·         **The term in-kind support will be changed to *non-financial
> support* per terminology agreement.

Noted.

> ****
>
> **·         **The page numbering indicated above might change as Seth and
> the drafting team work on the content updates based on the WG’s feedback so
> far. Seth will guide the WG on any significant changes.

Noted.

>  ****
>
> **·         **I recommended earlier to you that we find some time during
> the next meetings to validate the previously discussed topics for consensus,
> lock the text or identify open issues, if any. If you agree having this
> process added to the agenda, please coordinate with Seth the review details.
> The review should be quick and hopefully not reopen already discussed
> issues.

The process we adopted was the question was put to the group the telecon +
they were again sent out on the list.  No pushback is interpreted as full
consensus.  The level of pushback will determine the level of consensus
recorded.  Or alternative text can be promoted on the wiki for approval.

> ****
>
> **·         **I updated Abobe already with the new agenda and topic for
> Friday.****
>
> **·         **WH questions to Kurt****
>
> **o   **We sent the questions from Krista (on behalf of the WG) and Eric *
> ***
>
> **o   **We asked Avri to confirm her question to Kurt before we can send
> it to him.****
>
> **o   **For the questions, please follow up with Wendy.

Noted.

> ****
>
> **·         **On July 19th the WG is schedule to discuss process. One of
> the assistance requested from staff was to draft a process flow that is to
> be included in the Final Report. I sent the process flow to the WG last
> week. I wanted to confirm you have it and will be able to review on the 19
> th. Just in case, I am re-attaching the e-mail with the process flow.

Yes, it made the list.  We shall follow the schedule and discuss it then.
 However, we would insist that members with comments make them to the list
and wiki BEFORE the telecon.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> *Regarding the non-financial support webpage (name to be changed) here is
> a quick update:*
>
> ** **
>
> **·         **I am working with other ICANN staff members to finalize the
> webpage that will allow candidates seeking support find organizations
> offering support and vice versa. We plan on having this site ready in few
> weeks, launched with an announcement to allow for as much time as possible
> for both support candidates and organizations to be listed. We hope to count
> on the WG members to help to spread the word once we have it ready.****
>
> **·         **This is the page we discussed earlier and I shared with the
> WG a ppt with a basic mock-up. ****
>
> **·         **I will keep you updated on any progress and give you more
> details when I am back.

So noted.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you all and talk to you next week.

Many thanks for your continued support.