ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Contention outcomes

  • To: <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Contention outcomes
  • From: "Anthony Harris" <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:44:57 -0300

Eric,

I agree to differ with you on the question
of the GAC. If they object to a string
from a supported applicant, it is true
there is no contention, the application
is dead. It would seem logical that, if
a supported applicant has gone through
all the effort to present an application,
and for reasons not contemplated in
the provisions of the DAG, the GAC or
any of it's members presents an
objection that knocks it off the table,
then a substitute string might well be
allowed and indeed be justified.

Sorry if I digress, having joined this
discussion later in the process.

I am not advocating this form of support
NOT be offered.

Tony

----- Original Message ----- From: <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>