ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Fwd: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Review of draft report

  • To: JAS <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Fwd: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Review of draft report
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:16:21 -0400

Forgot to copy this to the WG.

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:44:19 -0400
To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Review of draft report

When I made the alternative proposal, I was not trying to re-invent the entire concept, just trying to put a spin on it that I thought might be more readily understood and accepted.

The substantive difference is that (presuming we do not have more than 18% supported applicants which I think is a reasonable constraint), my wording yields no risk to the operational cost-recovery in the (unlikely in my mind) situation that there is no auction revenue.

And yes, I will presume Rob and Seth have the required skill to render one or more of our proposals in an understandable fashion.

Alan