ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] GNSO Council Meeting deferral

  • To: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] GNSO Council Meeting deferral
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:06:00 -0400

It is not clear exactly what it means. If the report is only delivered near Sept 14, my personal take is that there is virtually no chance that SG will have reviewed it in time to vote. So that would likely postpone the vote until Oct 6. If it is delivered after Sept 14, there is no real chance (in my mind) of it being approved (or rejected) prior to Dakar.

Alan

At 30/08/2011 06:51 AM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
Alan,

On 30/08/2011 00:58, Alan Greenberg wrote :

> The next meeting of the GNSO Council has been moved to Sept. 22 with
> the deadline for documents and motions being Sept 14.
>
> Alan

This is excellent news for the JAS WG. Does this mean that the WG will
deliver its final report on Sept. 14?
If so, will it advise the two co-chartering organizations officially
about what its plans are?
Many thanks,

Olivier

--