ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG September 2 Meeting

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG September 2 Meeting
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 12:54:18 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 12:33 PM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:Welcome to the JAS WG September 2 meeting.
  Seth Greene:Comments by WG members and staff throughout draft:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/22970578/Draft_Final_Report_JASWG_20110830+%28RHv1SGv2%29%28clean%29%5B1%5D.doc
  Robert Hoggarth:still a good bit of echo on the line
  Robert Hoggarth:and when I say good - I don't mean "good"
  Rafik:@rob you have two good so it is goods :)?
  Evan Leibovitch:i hear an echo for everyone except Glen
  Rafik:@evan our voices are amplified :)
  Krista Papac:hello everyone!
  CLO:I thout  Olivier was busy in Ukrane IGF so probabld apols to note
  CLO:Or perhaps he is flying  home  from the IGF meeting  I vaguly remember
him mentioning something
  Evan Leibovitch:didn't sleep well so I'm not *all* here.....
  Robert Hoggarth:perhaps start with an overview of what we did in this version
  Robert Hoggarth:in total I think we have only about 30 "comments" from WG
members or brief queries from Staff to discuss in this draft version.  very
doable on this call and the next.  thanks to all of you for helping to get us
to this part of the process!
  Robert Hoggarth:cetainly hope that WG members will comment on any new text as
well Avri.  want to make sure any new text is acceptable to the WG.
  Evan Leibovitch:agree with avri
  Andrew Mack:i have a lot of echo on the line.  Are others having this?
  Evan Leibovitch:the services offered -- financial and non-financial -- are
limited to an applicant that has been evaluated as eligible
  avri:As a place holder, I have a question on  (c) under finacial support
  Evan Leibovitch:the point is that EVERY applicant meeting the criteria (which
primarily financial need) gets the fee reduction. We're anticipating scenarios
that will not happen.
  Seth Greene:I see this question has opened up good discussion on other,
related matters.  For our purposes, our question has been answered adequately.
Thanks very much.  Perhaps, Rafik, the WG would like to hold off on related
discussion until all the comments have been covered, to ensure we get through
the agenda.  Just a suggestion.
  Seth Greene:Rafik, before we leave this comment (and every comment), could
you kindly just clarify what the consensus is?  Thanks.
  Evan Leibovitch:This particular consensus predates MR2.... why are we still
going round on it?
  Robert Hoggarth:someone is cleaning their house. please turn off the vaccuum.
  Robert Hoggarth:seth  -- wow.  true multitasking!
  Evan Leibovitch:when you said you wanted to make a clean version, I had no
idea how thorough you intended to be
  Evan Leibovitch:we can drop "draft" *and *final*.... this is THE report
  Evan Leibovitch:Rob, really bad echo.... like I'm in an empty hockey arena
  Alan Greenberg:A sad statement when us Internet folks need to say that a
mobile line is more reliable than VoIP.
  Evan Leibovitch:Should have said basketball.... they'll all be empty this
season.
  Robert Hoggarth:so glad I could come into a business office for a poor
quality VOIP line!  will be right back on another line
  Robert Hoggarth:i am back
  Krista Papac:+1 avri
  Seth Greene:I, too, am back.
  Evan Leibovitch:I believe we had already came to the conclusion that if we
went ahead with the fee reduction, it would address most of the 'bundling'
issues.
  Alan Greenberg:Is there anyone else who supports this? If not, I think at
best it should be a minority report.
  Evan Leibovitch:Let Andrew come up with some wording that could be inserted
as "the issue was raised, but only received partial consensus, that..."
  Andrew Mack:I'll do that Evan.
  avri:i think the official words are "some support"
  Andrew Mack:Avri is right.  "Some support" is fine
  avri:in [ara 1, i am not sure that the reason things can be lumped topgeterh
in their fungibility.  not even sure these types of aid are fungible.  it is
money that normally seen as fungible.
  avri:in para 51 ...
  avri:is 53 meant to be empty
  avri:ooops that is in the redline
  avri:my comment about 51 above, referes to 49 in the clean.  it is 51 in the
redline.  apologies for confusion caused.
  Robert Hoggarth:thanks avri
  Andrew Mack:I've got to go for another meeting.  Thanks to all.  Cheers,
Andrew
  Evan Leibovitch:I can't stay around long for either. I can review offline but
I have too may pulls on my time right now.
  Alan Greenberg:On Tuesday I spend pretty much all morning on this and it is
getting t obe far too much...
  Karla Valente:@Alan: we have 2 test phases
  Karla Valente:the one at the delegation phase is more detailed.
  Karla Valente:@Krista - yes
  Karla Valente:@avri - correct
  Karla Valente:@Alan - you are correct
  Krista Papac:thanks karla
  Krista Papac:thanks all. i have to go now
  Krista Papac:have a great weekend!
  avri:bye Krista, enjoy yours as well
  Evan Leibovitch:I'm OK.