ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: [GTLD-WG] Report on outreach done for JAS/ASP

  • To: Fouad Bajwa <fouadbajwa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: [GTLD-WG] Report on outreach done for JAS/ASP
  • From: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:33:17 -0400

Hello,

Just some small Points for consideration-

+ ICANN Communications Team appears to be heavily reliant on the media and
internet user blogs as a form of advertisement of this program.

+ In most developing countries internet access is a premium with
traditional forms of information dissemination such as radio, television
and newspaper being more prevalent. Further this does not seem to have
catered for organisations that are not online.

+ Facebook and twitter only serve a segment of the internet community.

+ Whilst some meetings that have taken place, do we know of the schedules
for these meetings publicised and remote participation allowed? Are there
links to any video recordings of these meetings for circulation?

+ The Internet Society Trinidad and Tobago Chapter held several seminars in
early January with Mr. Sebastien Bachollet speaking on gTLDs, and I think
this is one such mechanism that can be employed to ensure promotion. Has
the communication team reached out to form any other such partnerships in
not only planning but ensuring sufficient local coverage of these events?

Regards

Cintra Sooknanan