ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[sti-report-2009]

Special Trademark Issues Review Team Recommendations - comments Schindler

  • To: sti-report-2009@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Special Trademark Issues Review Team Recommendations - comments Schindler
  • From: Schindler Daniel <danielmschindler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:15:42 -0800

COMMENTS RELATED TO:

Special Trademark Issues Review Team Recommendations

I would first like to take the opportunity to thank the Team for their
excellent work and fair recommendations. Whilst I do not support the minority
reports, as they seem to erect hypothetical barriers that will be easily
overcome in reality, there is much that I do applaud in the primary report.

I think the suggested mandatory implementation of the Uniform Rapid Suspension
system to be completely appropriate and believe there now to be excellent
trademark protections for new TLDs.

I always appreciated that the important concerns of trademark holders needed to
be heeded and am delighted to see this is now the case. In fact, logic dictates
that the sooner new TLDs appear in the zone, the safer the Internet will be for
trademark holders, who are not currently protected to this extent in the
existing TLDs.

In closing, we have witnessed ‘ICANN in Motion’. That is, the constituted
procedures have been followed, resulting in sensible and workable conclusions.

Many thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Daniel Schindler – January 2010