ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-asia]

Support for .asia namespace

  • To: stld-rfp-asia@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Support for .asia namespace
  • From: Sanjaya <sanjaya@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:09:01 +1000

Hi,

Global domain namespace has been historically grouped by either entity type boundaries (.com .net .org) or geographic space boundaries (ccTLD). I think it makes sense to extend the geographic space to include .asia (or any other continent for that matter). Continents are well defined and quite distinct from one another. I support .asia initiative, looking forward to seeing it approved by ICANN.

Cheers,
Sanjaya
Board of Commissioners
PT IndoInternet