ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-cat]

Little Answer to Helena BUFFERY. No to .CAT. Yes to ".cat.es".

  • To: stld-rfp-cat@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Little Answer to Helena BUFFERY. No to .CAT. Yes to ".cat.es".
  • From: "arturop@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <arturop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:52:19 -0400

Dear ICANN:

As I was reading Helena Buffery´s letter some ideas came to my mind:

I have no doubt at all that the Catalan-speaking community is firmly
committed to the Internet, more than the more populous communities of
China,
Israel, Romania, Slovenia, Finland, Croatia, Norwey and Portugal, but that
I believe tat a TLD can not depend on how many webpages in catalan you can
find because you could have just 20 people working on it and they could
infest internet with "projects", soft in catalan and etc.

What I mean is that the presence in Internet doesn´t show the importance of
that lenguage but how active some people related to Catalonia or to the
catalan are. Because you can not say that winnig the chinese in webpages
give more rights to the .cat than to the ccTLD of China.

Most of the languages could want a TLD because  all of them represent a
community. The problem is to define them, to see who would be the
ornanisation that would manage the TLD and with wich criteriums...

Good Luck

Artur Pera Manlleu

http://mail2web.com/ .