ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-general]

New.Net Campaigning to Fill ICANN Comment Board

  • To: stld-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New.Net Campaigning to Fill ICANN Comment Board
  • From: Kevin Prescott <kevinprescott45@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:09:59 -0700 (PDT)

I thought the indpendent evaluators should see the shameless compaigning and
threats by new.net below.  This is why there are so many comments in the last
few days.  The reality is new.net is an alternate root.  To cave in to the
alternate roots lobbying for grandfathering would be to encourage the huge
growth of more alternate roots in the future.  If ICANN bends to the pressure
of New.net, then I will start my own .shop, .sex, .arts or .inc alternate root
tomorrow and lobby ICANN in the future to grandfather my names when someone
applies for those names in the future.

ICANN has already addressed this at:
http://www.icann.org/icp/icp-3-background/lynn-statement-09jul01.htm.  Please
do not stray from this policy.