ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

.Mail Objections

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .Mail Objections
  • From: "Greg J. Kozick" <gjk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:36:08 -0400

Reading over some of these responses. I too agree that $2,000 is a little hefty. Spam is a problem. Buy a license for a capable anti-spam plugin, it worked for my company. This idea would totally penalize the “little guy”. I operate a small email server for my company, having maybe 10 users. There’s no way we can afford this, domain registrations are expensive enough as it is. I agree with the rest of the proposal, but the exorbitant fee should be eliminated. The internet is a web of information, and I think everyone has a right to participate, despite the amount of capitol they do or do not have behind them.

Bottom Line: Don’t Alienate the Individual

Greg Kozick