ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

We are NOT against .mail proposal

  • To: stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: We are NOT against .mail proposal
  • From: AccuSpam <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:56:03 +0800

In previous comments, we have laid out the logic for why we feel .mail is not
good.

However, we are not against the .mail proposal.

We are merely reasoning why it will fail, even if approved by ICANN.

We predict a very low adoption rate in the community of senders *AND*
recipients (SMTP, MTA, MUA and minds).

The huge cost that we previously argued is bad, will never occur, because there
will be very low adoption.

Our comments have been directed at educating about the technical ramifications
of the .mail proposal, as we understand it.

Shelby Moore
AccuSpam.com