ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-travel]

It should be considered as gTLD rather than sTLD

  • To: <stld-rfp-travel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: It should be considered as gTLD rather than sTLD
  • From: "iska" <iska@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:58:56 -0400

Why don't you let the regular Joe to own Hotels.Travel, Boston.Travel,
Air.Travel?

I think some people are trying to protect current status quo that way,
hotels.com, motels.com, airlinetickets.com and others would not face
competition.

The proposed model is an overly-regulated model. I'm afraid they will end up
like .name and .kis.us.

Proper usage of the TLD should be the only restriction (i.e. travel-only
sites). Like what New.net is doing.

The model of "you can't own country names, beach names, industry specific
names, state names, this and that" won't work and is not fair to the
Internet community.

Regular Joe should have a chance to compete with hotels.com, motels.com,
airlinetickets.com. Travel industry has their very own .AERO. A second TLD
for travel industry is too much of a privilege. That's why it should be
considered as gTLD.