ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-travel]

.Travel domains

  • To: stld-rfp-travel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .Travel domains
  • From: "Ron Gustafson" <ez4u2travel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:46:52 +0000

Dear ICANN,
Do you think that if the .travel domain does go through, that common domain names are going to get taken away? Which just to say is, about every word in the English dictionary. Do you think there are going to be a lot of law suits out there? You can say that it is not your fault but so did Tralliance, but the courts are the one to sort it out and go on from there. I have a common name site that I bought from new.net and not one place did it say xxxxx.travel.new.net on the contract. I can see new .net getting sued and even ICANN for letting it go on. I well say this that if my domain gets taken away from me, I am going straight to a lawyer. I bet so will a lot of other people.

Sincerely,
Nathan

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/