ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-travel]

[no subject]

  • To: stld-rfp-travel@xxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Ryan Andrew" <gustafson_s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:13:07 -0600

New.Net was turned down a few times from making .travel a TLD from ICANN. Because some say it is all about the money. But it sounds like, if you want to have a new .travel domain name with Tralliance, you will have to also be on this list, which they will probably charge you for that. I think Tralliance is more out for the money than anyone else. Who is going to get www.hotels.travel? Whoever pays the most money? Also, how much of that money will ICANN get in the back door?

ICANN, I hope you make .travel a TLD, but I also hope you grandfather in the domains that have already been purchased. If you do what Tralliance wants, is to control the .travel domains, and take it away from the small business man...there are going to be a lot of lawsuits. With ICANN, Tralliance and new.net, the court will decide who will pay for all of this mishaps.

ICANN, do the right thing! Or you will be seeing alot of irates domain name holder in the court house.

Test your ?Travel Quotient? and get the chance to win your dream trip! http://travel.msn.com