ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

[stld-rfp-xxx] Question?

  • To: <stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [stld-rfp-xxx] Question?
  • From: fmerrillm@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:34:20 -0700
  • Sender: owner-stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx

Hi,

How do I oppose the adoption of ".xxx" as a TLD?  I have been
using ".xxx" and "dotXXX" as trade marks since 1999, and I am the
registered trademark holder of "dotXXX" which is confusingly
similar to ".xxx" and it is my legally acquired and protected
intellectual property.

Consequently, I am opposed to the use of ".xxx" as a TLD since it
would unfairly dilute the value of a trademark of mine that has
been actively used in commerce for over five years.

Sincerely,

Merrill